Serangoon Garden Secondary School
ICT Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) Agreement
Computing devices and access to the Internet have become a necessity for work, play and learning in the 21st century. Serangoon Garden Secondary School is committed to providing a safe and conducive learning environment for all students. As a user of our ICT facilities, you are required to abide by the rules stated in this Acceptable Use Policy Agreement (AUP).
This policy applies to all students in this school and the use of our school’s ICT facilities, equipment and resources, as well as users’ personal devices (e.g. mobile phones). ICT facilities, equipment and resources include the following, but are not limited to, school’s internet network, Computer Labs, hardware (e.g. laptops, tablets, computers), software (e.g. school’s learning management system, productivity software, online tools) and peripherals (e.g. projector, scanner, camera).
1. Users are responsible for using school-owned ICT facilities, equipment and resources for the purpose of learning. Personal use such as gaming and engaging in social media platforms is strictly prohibited.
2. Users are responsible for any resource that is borrowed from school for the duration of the loan. The user will bear the cost of damage, theft or loss due to negligence and face disciplinary action in accordance with the school’s discipline policy.
3. Users are responsible for their personal devices. The school will not be held responsible for any damage, theft or loss of their devices.
4. Users should not use the school’s electrical power to charge their own personal devices. Users should ensure that their personal devices are fully charged before bringing it to school.
5. Users are responsible and accountable for all activities conducted via their own account.
6. Users are responsible for the security of their account IDs and passwords. All account IDs and passwords should not be shared with anyone.
7. User should adopt the good practice of changing their passwords every 3 months.
8. Users should not use their accounts for any illegal or unethical activities. These include cyber-bullying, posting online remarks that are racially and religiously insensitive, vulgar and/or offensive statements, disruptive of public order and intentionally causing emotional distress/harm to others,.
9. Users should not use school-owned computing devices for any online trade (i.e. buying and selling of goods and services).
0. Users should not use devices to store, modify or create content (e.g. documents, presentations, pictures, videos) that is pornographic or defamatory in nature.
10. Users should not post or share any indecent, obscene, pornographic, defamatory material/message that offends and causes distress to other people.
11. Users are reminded that threats, harassment, embarrassment, impersonation and intimidation to others is a chargeable offence under Singapore Legal System.
12. Users are expected to observe netiquette (rules on behaviour on the internet) and to remain courteous and polite in all online interactions.
13. Users should not access, download, copy or share any copyrighted materials (such as pictures, videos, music) without explicit permission from the owner.
14. Users should not own, copy or share software in an unauthorized or illegal manner.
15. The rights of all materials and data created using the school’s ICT facilities and resources are jointly owned by the school and the user.
Photography and Videography at School Events/Publication of Students’ Work
16. Photographs or video images of you or your parents/legal guardians may be taken during school activities and events such as classroom lessons, CCA, school camps, or school concerts. The school may use and publish selected photographs or video recordings in school publications, the school’s website, social media channels, or other communication channels. Parents/Legal guardians are to notify the school in writing if they do not wish to grant such permission.