To partner the school in providing opportunities for the parents to Co-ordinate, Support and Network for the benefit of every child in the school.
The Role of the PSG
- To participate in various school events and activities
- To provide their services in areas of enrichment for the pupils.
- To communicate with the general parent population about new initiatives and programmes in the school.
- To provide feedback to the school by pointing out areas for improvement as well as good practices.
- To provide greater opportunities for the pupils by extending the network of the school.
Recruitment takes place during Sec 1 orientation
Chairperson: Mrs.Helen Teo
Vice-Chairperson: Zarena Sani
Asst Secretary: Janet Hew
Asst Secretary: Juiyah
Treasurer: Mr. Leslie Lim
Asst Treasurer: Christina
- School Events : Total Defence Day, National Day, Sports Day, Racial Harmony Day
- Home courses for pupils : Gift wrapping, Cooking
- Providing manpower : Night study, go with teachers on excursions with pupils, helping to distribute texbooks to needy pupils, helping out in the library
- Giving Motivational Talks to pupils of graduating classes
- Organising excursions with the school: Fort factory museum, The Marina Barrage, NeWater plant at Bedok
- Organising competitions: Recycling project
- Providing breakfast to the pupils sitting for ‘O’ level examinations
- Sharing websites where good parenting tips are discussed
Recognition of PSG services to the school
The “Friends of SGS” Award is given during the Award Presentation Day.