Inculcating in our students a strong interest and joy in the learning of Science; nurturing positive scientific values and attitudes by providing varied, authentic, relevant, real-world learning experiences so as to nurture effective and competent contributors.
Science Learning Day includes a wide array of authentic learning experiences to engage our students in the exploration of Science beyond their classrooms and textbooks, including laboratory based workshops, digital making, collaborations with external partners e.g. Science Centre Singapore, Polytechnics, NUS, NTU, EMA and NParks.
Hydroponics Research Programme aims to cultivate our students’ interest in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) by providing students with opportunities to apply the Scientific Method when conducting a research programme. Students will practise scientific inquiry skills, work harmoniously in groups, persevere through challenges faced and present their research findings.
Hydroponics Multi-Disciplinary Enrichment Programme aims to nurture scientific literacy, creativity and empathy in our students by applying scientific concepts to solve real-world food security problems and agricultural practices.
Advanced Elective Modules collaborations with Polytechnics provides students with opportunities to make sense of, and apply knowledge to authentic, relevant learning contexts and to help them discover their strengths and interests.
- Genetic Modification Advisory Committee (GMAC) Student Challenge 2018: Finalist
- UNSW ICAS Science Competition: 11 Credit Awards, 11 Merit Awards, 6 Distinction Awards
- Nanyang Polytechnic Science & Technology Challenge: Most Innovative Team Award (Walk Your Pet category), 2nd Runner-up Team Award ((Walk Your Pet category)
- Ngee Ann Polytechnic Powering Lives Challenge: Champion Team & 4th position
- Nanyang Polytechnic Pharmaceutical Science Challenge: Gold medal, Special Round
- Ngee Ann Polytechnic Powering Lives Challenge: 3 Consolation prizes
- UNSW ICAS Science Competition: 34 Credit Awards, 23 Merit Awards, 2 Distinction Awards
Nanyang Polytechnic Science & Technology Challenge: Champion Team Award (Find my Cheese category), 1st Runner-up Team Award (Flying Bullets category