Submission of Application Form
Interested applicant may submit his/her application form either via email or in hard copy to the school:-
- For Email application, you may download the application form here.
The form may take some time to fill up. It is suggested that a hard copy be printed for reference to facilitate the completion and submission of the application form.
Email application should be submitted to email@example.com no later than 30 June 2017, Friday, 5pm.
- For application through hard copy submission, you may download the form or collect from SGS General Office during office hours, Monday to Friday from 8.00 am to 5.30 pm.
Completed application form must be submitted to the school’s General Office by hand or mail to:
Serangoon Garden Secondary School
21 Serangoon North Ave 1
Attn: Mdm Leong Lai Kheng
Re: DSA Applications
All Application Forms should reach SGSS no later than 30 June 2017, Friday, 5pm.
Parents and students are encouraged to choose schools wisely based on the student’s aptitudes and strengths, bearing in mind the school’s academic and non-academic requirements, and the programmes available to develop the area of talent
SELECTION STAGE (03 to 31 August 2017)
|03 to 14 July 2017||Only shortlisted applicants will be informed through email or phone call, to attend an interview session. Applicants will be informed of the timing later. Refer to Important Notes for the list of documents to be brought for the interview.|
|17 July to 11 August 2017||Only shortlisted applicants will be called for either auditions (performing arts) or sports trials.|
|17 to 24 August 2017||School-based selection interview for shortlisted applicants.
All applicants are to report in their primary school uniform. Do note that parents will not be allowed into the interview room.
|By 31 August 2017||All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their applications.|
EXERCISE SCHOOL PREFERENCE STAGE (30 October – 3 Nov 2017)
|30 Oct 2017||DSA candidates with CO or WL will be issued with School Preference Form
· Those studying in MOE schools will receive the School Preference Form via their Primary Schools.
· For those not studying in MOE schools, the Form is to be collected from the MOE Customer Service Centre.
|30 Oct 2017, 9am to 3 Nov 2017, 3pm||Submission of School Preference Form
· DSA candidates indicate their school preferences online via the DSA-Sec Internet System (DSA-Sec IS) or physically at their primary schools.
· DSA offers not taken up will be considered as lapsed.
RESULTS RELEASE STAGE (Late Nov 2017, tentative)
|Late Nov 2017 (tentative)||Release of DSA-Sec results together with PSLE results through Primary Schools.|